Sunday, March 8, 2009

le Sunday--EARLY

I dreamt last night, I really did, that I had a new job working for a newspaper. I didn't feel like doing any work, and I somehow knew the place would be closing soon (the place used typewriters for Gawds sake, and ONLY HAD ONE TYPEWRITER) and some reporter wanted me to type 3 sentences in German and said he would have me fired if I didn't hurry up but I spent the whole dream kicked back in my chair drinking coffee and avoiding the reporter, thinking, he can type his own damn German. You can probably tell I havn't worked for anyone in awhile. (I was doing a favor for friends 2 years ago and did some temp work for them one afternoon and midway through I said 'fork this, this blows' and went shopping for a new pair of Vans sneakers---there was a sale).

ANYWAY, so yesterday was cool, class at Cornell early and everybody is doing well, then working at home all afternoon on some groovy pieces and then up in the dark today because goofy Kim is coming over very early so we can go to an unusual matinee movie at the beautiful Cornell cinema. The deal is, the 11 o'clock movie this morning has free bagels and coffee and is only 4 bucks. I don't know what the movie is, but it hardly matters, that's quite a deal.



(mugs by Gary Rith)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

gary... what was the other job that "blew"?

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that other job something to do with newspapers/fliers/delivering/hauling or something like that???

I love not really 'having' to work, even though I do. (It sure helps with the economy these days). But really - I go in with a smile on my face and know that I could very easily walk out at any given moment. What's even better??? - the lady knows this! hahaha!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

As a matter of fact, it WAS delivering newspapers! I gave up midway through the route.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Those cups are great!

Jerry said...

Love the conical mugs. Sweet handles!