Sunday, March 29, 2009

do you picnik?


(jar by Gary Rith)
I was like 'this jar is sweet, but since I didn't put a pig or dog on it, it needs something in this pic, like a smiley face'.
I didn't do that. Have you ever looked at a Mac? It comes with this photo software that makes the guy with the 2003 Dell laptop a little jealous. I mean, you can distort pictures, Andy Warhol them, etc.
HA! I have free picnik software and you can use it too. My pal Lynda turned me onto it, and I used it below and with the writing in the post below.

8 comments:

Lynda said...

Love how this jar looks when Picnik'd!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I love it!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i like the jar before you picnik..ed it, purplely glaze

Gordo said...

I use picknik on my Flickr account to adjust and crop photos. I was veyr pleasantly surprised at the results, too.

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Like the jar and eggplant-ish type purple glaze. And the picknik effect is groovy.

Chatty said...

Beautiful stuff, as always, and...gave one of your pretty teapots a much-deserved mention ; )

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

AHA!! So that's where the pic came from! And see, I knew it was an Andy Warhol look! :)

Personally, I like the jar and it's plum coloring. Or eggplant. W/e.

Jeannette St.G. said...

I was just here a few days ago - so many posts added - you're the bunny-energizer!
Sorry, I'm the party pooper, but I like, no I LOVE the classy look of the burgundy red pot.
But it's always fun to play around - I would do it on Photoshop since we already have that.