Saturday, September 27, 2008

Le studio transformed:


I hear my friends blogging about exercising and all. My wife exercises, but she has an unusual metabolism: she is five seven and between 100-110 pounds, and eats like a horse. I am only an inch taller, but weigh more.
Anyway, I had been a runner, marathoner and even a cross country and track coach back in the 90s, and retired from running in 2003. (AND MY BACK HAS BEEN SO HAPPY SINCE!!!!) But at that time, I substituted walking, and had no upper body strength. NONE. Couldn't do a chinup!
Well, these last five years we bought weights and this rower and they lie in the corner of the studio and provide me with sweaty fun several times a week. 50 chinups, 75 situps, pushups, bench presses, curls etc.
I can't say I enjoy it, but it allows me to keep up with the wife and be a somewhat sexy and youthful hunk of burning love for her to enjoy.

5 comments:

Gordo said...

I had a metabolism like Maude's when I was younger, Gary. From the age of 15 until I hit 30, it didn't matter what I did: there was no way I could get above 155 pounds. That's about 40 below where a 6'3" guy should be. Then, I turned 30 and the brakes engaged. Now, I'm up around my ideal weight, but it needs a bit of re-distributing. Can you send some motivation my way? Thanks.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

You're mighty lean, Gord! Lanky too!

Anonymous said...

Can you recommend an rowing machine? I have been thinking about gettine one.

Holley

Gary's third pottery blog said...

we got this, a folding one, for a good price at Brookstone

Unknown said...

Same as Gordo here. I was always a little skinny thing - ate what I wanted, etc. Turned 50, retired and wham! Must get back to exercise.

kate&jim