Saturday, December 20, 2008

art and hair




(driving through a blizzard with totally unruly hair to the barber, paintings by Ellie Jones, haircuts by Ellie Jones)
Ellie is my haircutting barber/artist sweetheart, who runs a gallery and barbershop in Ithaca next to Moosewood Restaurant (of restaurant and cookbook fame). Me and my dumpling are looking most FAB thanks to Ellie's efforts this morning, and aren't her horse and flower paintings spectacular? Gotta win that lottery and buy some original artwork.....

9 comments:

Gordo said...

Right off the cover of GQ, Gary!

Anonymous said...

You know - Maude is so cool about letting you post her picture/blog about whatever she says...etc.

I don't think I'd be that congenial. Ya wouldn't be takin' my picture with my hair all wet.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

well, I DO ASK and she is more used to it than before!

Linda Starr said...

Nice do's, I wouldn't be congenial about my close up. Beautiful celadon, can't wait to see your new zebra.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

You are too funny!

Unknown said...

Hey! If I looked as wonderful as that I'd be running after the camera and BEGGING to be photographed! That's a great picture, I think and both you and Maude are highly photogenic.

fiwa said...

Aww... peach pie is the header now! She looks beautiful.

I do love those paintings, only you could find a barber AND artist in one person. I need to move up there. I promise I would never try to hug you.

Anonymous said...

I lived in that building for 7 years before moving out here...........loved it!

Miss Heather said...

Yeah, straight off the cover of GQ, Gary. Ha ha ha!! You guys look fabulous of course!

My word verification is "thypot". Ha ha ha! I don't know if it's referring to your pots or smoking some pot. :)